Saturday, March 25, 2006

VOTE FOR THE WEIRDO TICKET!

All right, maybe they wouldn't like to be called that, but I identify with them and I feel that all the freaks, geeks, weirdos, outcasts, and nerds, and maybe even some of the people that are really cool and popular but sometimes, when no one is looking, like to play with their Star Wars figures are going to identify with them too.

I'm talking about the upcoming Student Bar Association Elections, which will take place on March 29. If you are not a law student at UT, feel free to skip this post. See you next time.

I am not sure if there is anybody out there still reading this shit, or if has run its course and people have moved on, but I'm doing this anyway just to put it out there that law school does not have to be like fucking high school, or worse, and one way we can start working on changing it into a real academic, open atmosphere is to get some real people in SBA. Lets make SBA more than just bar review, yall.

So here are my picks, otherwise dubbed the weirdo ticket. I don't have picks on every single race, so if you want to leave a comment picking weirdos for races I haven't yet, please do so.

WEIRDO POWER! Lets do it spring 2006!

SBA President.... BRANDON CRISP

Vice President of Operations.....BRAD DOMANGUE

Vice President of Programming.....STEPHANIE HUI

Secretary.......SEAN GRIFFIN

State Bar of Texas Representative.......JOHN HRYHORCHUK

All right. This has left out the races for Permanent Class Agent and 2L Class Representative. I don't know any of the people running in these races, so if any weirdos out there who want to vouch for the weirdo cred of any of these people, leave me a comment. And, just to make it fair, if you recommend a candidate, it has to be apparent somewhere in your comment that you are a)not the candidate him/her self, and b) you are a weirdo yourself.

So, weirdos, lets exert our collective leverage and take our rightful place as an acknowledged block of people whose interests have to be accomodated at the law school. WEIRDO POWER!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! Now I know who to vote for.

25 March, 2006 14:22  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd highly recommend David O'Connell and Steve Reeder for 2L class reps. Section 1 should represent.

26 March, 2006 00:01  
Blogger thankgodforpbr said...

I agree that section one should represent. However, as per the rules of the post, what is their weirdo cred if I might ask?

26 March, 2006 14:49  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with your picks; they all are either weird or are in the weird closet, IMO. Brad and John are pretty obvious. Brandon so goes home and plays with SW figs when noone is looking. I think SHui sees weirdos and secretly wants to be one.

For the only two recommendations, I can vouch for the weirdo-ness of Steve; I doubt there are many weirder. Dude got drunk with a friend somewhere like the Czech Republic, got on a train, and ended up out in the middle of nowhere drinking with the natives. He's also badass at Trivial Pursuit.

My weirdo cred: I think Rau and Berman are awesome.

26 March, 2006 19:53  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vote for the weirdos!

They all play wiffle ball. Every Friday. If that isn't weird, I don't know what is.

I can vouch, because I play with them.

27 March, 2006 08:24  
Blogger thankgodforpbr said...

Sweet! Wiffle ball... nice.

OK, so I will go along with the Steve Reeder pick; the drunken trainride story won me over. Any inside wierdo info on David O'Connell?

As a disclaimer, if you are on the weirdo list and don't consider yourself one, feel free to clarify but it'll get your name jerked. Its not at all a bad thing, really...

27 March, 2006 09:05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave O'Connell is like 8 feet tall and sang in an acappella group throughout undergrad and knows way too much about different things to do with an exercise ball. He's closet weirdo at the very least.

While Brandon doesn't actually own SW figures, he's way into US President biographies and was all excited about this Andrew Jackson book he was reading. He also plays weekly wiffleball.

Steve Reeder is the weirdest guy I know. And I know weird: I've written fan fiction.

27 March, 2006 19:41  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fan fiction? I'd trust a weird-assessment of a fanfic writer any day! About what show or story did you write?

Section 1 in da hizouse.

27 March, 2006 22:15  

Post a Comment

<< Home